- Sequential Read/Write speeds up to 2,800/2,300 MB/s respectively. Performance varies depending on host configuration
- Interface: Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps). Only compatible with Macs and Windows PCs with Thunderbolt 3 ports. Not compatible with PCs only with USB interface
- Durable: Shock resistant internal frame lets the X5 withstand falls from up to 2 m
- Security: Optional password protection and AES 256 bit hardware encryption
- Compatibility: Mac OS X Sierra, High Sierra (10.12 or higher) Windows 10 64bit RS 2 or higher. Older versions may not be supported
Release Date: 03-09-2018
Details: Product Description
Professionalism at its finestSamsung Portable SSD X5Elevate your storage tasks to ultimate heights on PCs and Macs with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports*. The X5 is designed for tech savvy professionals who want to render or compile high resolution contents faster than ever. Its thermal management and password protection offers both comfort and security.* Only compatible with Macs and Windows PCs with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, Mac OS X Sierra, High Sierra (10.12 or higher) Windows 10 64bit RS 2 or higher. Not compatible with PCs only with USB interface. Wield the power of Thunderbolt™ 3Thunderbolt 3* and NVMe** InterfaceThe X5 is here to quench your thirst for advanced technology. Thunderbolt 3 delivers the fastest bandwidth up to 40 Gb/s that brings lightning speed and performance. Equipped with the astonishing speed of NVMe interface, the X5 assists with handling heavier data at faster speeds.* Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
** The NVM Express® design mark is a registered trademark of NVM Express, Inc. Never slow down againData transfer speedSpend more time being creative. The X5’s read/write speed of 2,800/2,300 MB/s* are 5.2x/4.5x faster than a Portable SSD with SATA interface and 25.5x/20.9x faster than an external HDD**. The X5 lets you transfer a 20GB 4K UHD video from your PC to the X5 in just 12 seconds.** Wait less, create more.* Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum read/write speeds of 2,800/2,300 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support Thunderbolt™ 3.
Test system configuration: Dell Alienware System(Dee i7 Alienware 17 R5), OS - Win 10 x64, CPU - Intel® Core™ i7 8570H(@4.1GHz), Memory - DDR4 , 16 GB 2667 MHz, BM Tool - CDM 5.1.2
** Based on the...
Package Dimensions: 7.1 x 4.3 x 2.3 inches